Our geotechnical investigations are performed by Technologist, Geologists and trained Technicians to obtain information on the physical properties of soil and rock around a site for proposed structures and for repair of distress to earthworks and structures caused by subsurface conditions.
A geotechnical investigation will include surface exploration and subsurface exploration of a site. Sometimes, geophysical methods are used to obtain data about sites. Subsurface exploration usually involves soil sampling and laboratory tests of the soil samples retrieved.
Geotechnical laboratory testing is an integral part of all geotechnical investigations and geotechnical design. Quality results provide information to clients to identify and quantify problem soils and also provide engineers and geologists with soil parameters that require for design.
With our own in house facility STEYN-WILSON GEOTECHNICAL, quality can now be guaranteed.
- Falling head permeability
- Angle of repose of sands
- Constant head permeability
- Double oedometer
- Free Swell and swell pressure
- Collapse potential
- Lump test
- Flexible wall permeability (triaxial permeability)
- Consolidated Undrained Triaxial
- Consolidated Drained Triaxial
- Unconsolidated Undrained Triaxial
- Soil Suction (moisture contents)